- Understanding gender socialization, stereotypes, and pressures and how they impact boys and young men.
- Developing social and emotional strength and resilience with boys and young men.
- Building skills and strategies for facilitating conversations and learning around gender with boys and young men.
The program will be experiential and dialogue-based with active participation in group activities and discussion, as well as individual self-reflection.
- Engage in self-reflection on their personal experiences around gender and identity and the impacts of societal norms and pressure, in order to better understand the experiences and challenges facing boys and young men and bring greater empathy and awareness to their interactions with boys and young men.
- Participate in learning activities adapted, developed, and tested by Next Gen Men in their gender transformative youth programs and learn best practices for facilitating these activities effectively and ways to adapt them to diverse groups, settings, and teachable moments.
All training participants will receive:
- 10 Module Program Curriculum (Ages 15-18 - High School)
- Online Support (Webinars, Working Groups, Reflections)
- Pre and Post Participant Evaluation